The International Register of Civil Aircraft is published jointly by Bureau Veritas (France), the UK Civil Aviation Authority and the ENAC of Italy, in co-operation with ICAO. The database, which contains information from over 45 countries and over 400,000 aircraft, is available on the internet by subscription from The International Register. A demo version of the database is available at this site, as are full details of the subscription rates which are based on the length of time access is required and the number of users.
The information on each aircraft varies depending on information supplied by the country of registration. Standardised descriptions of aircraft allows for consistent searching across the database irrespective of how the individual aircraft is described on a given national register. The standardisation is based on the International Aircraft Categorisation and Identification Standard (IACIS) compiled by the CAST/ICAO Common Taxonomy Team (CICTT).
Foreign aircraft registers
- International Register
International Register of Civil Aircraft produced in co-operation with ICAO
- CAST/ICAO Common Taxonomy Team
Official website for the standardisation and classification of aviation terms used in reporting systems.
One of the taxonomies being developed is in relation to aircraft manufacturer, make, model and series. The Common Taxonomy Team is particularly interested in receiving comment from the industry and public on the taxonomies in general and on the aircraft data in particular.
- ICAO Aircraft Type Designators
The official ICAO site for Aircraft Type Designators for flight planning and air traffic purposes. Based on ICAO Doc 8643.
- Australian Civil Aircraft Register
- Austrian Register
- Belgian Aircraft Register
- Brazilian Register of Civil Aircraft
- Canadian Register of Civil Aircraft
- Finnish Aircraft Register
- French Register of Civil Aircraft
- Indian Register
- Irish Register of Civil Aircraft
- Isle of Man Aircraft Registry
- Latvian Aircraft Register
- Lebanese Aircraft Register
- Luxembourg Aircraft Register
- Netherlands Civil Aircraft Register
- New Zealand Civil Aircraft Register
- Singapore Register of Civil Aircraft
- South African Register of Civil Aircraft
- Swedish Register of Civil Aircraft
- Swiss Register of Civil Aircraft
- US Register of Civil Aircraft